Saturday Studio Resources
Padlet is an online virtual wall. I built a wall for parents so they can access the online tools easily. You will find a link to Symbaloo, which is a virtual desktop where you can customize your bookmarks/links thematically and then sharing them with your network.
Check out Saturday Studio’s Padlet to see what children are exploring this semester.
Art Experiences for Elementary Teachers Course – M333
In this course we explore how to integrate media arts across the elementary curriculum. The sites and tools we explore are focused on the production or making of digital artifacts:
- Video Star App – an app that allows novice videographers make and edit personal music videos
- Stop Motion App – an app that allows novice animators make and edit stop motion animations
- BeFunky – an app and site that allows novice photographers make and edit photographs
- Pixel Press – an app that allows novice game designers make, edit, and design platform video games
- Scratch – an online platform that allows novice, intermediate, and advanced game designers make, edit, and design video games
- Stencyl – an online platform that allows novice, intermediate, and advanced game designers make, edit, and design Flash video games
- Storybird – an online platform that allows novice, intermediate, and advanced writers make, edit, and share short stories and novels
Students also explore resources that provide 100s of other digital production tools to help them design their final project. Some of these resources/sites have been:
New Opportunities for Interest-Driven Arts Learning in a Digital Age – a literature review regarding the use of digital media informally; the appendices has an extensive list of sites and tools
The 100 Best Web 2.0 Classroom Tools Chosen by You – a survey regarding the best tools as voted by the audience of this particular site
Why use digital cameras in your classroom – a short article about how to integrate cameras in your classroom
Common Core in Action: 10 Visual Literacy Strategies – a short blog post addressing visual literacy strategies and how to use them in your classroom
As I continue to teach and research digital media, interest-driven learning environments, and children’s interests, I will add more to this list. Please do contact me if you have questions.